Sometimes it may seem that running your health club is a lot like pushing a boulder uphill. You’ve got to stay on top of member recruitment and retention, event programming, facility up-keep and staff management – and keep all moving parts in synchronicity every day.
Health club management doesn’t have to be like lifting a full stack of weights. Take an inventory of your health club software to see if it’s working as hard as you are.
Ask these questions about your software. If the answer to any is no, it’s time to update:
1. Do you have 24/7 access to your membership and financial data? With updates and changes to your database occurring almost moment to moment, you need to have a clear idea of what “right now” looks like. In addition, you should be able to check on your data from anywhere, via the Internet.
Your software should also centralize your information and give you the ability to produce detailed and customized reports.
2. Is your database security fit? You need technical security to protect your database and that means access to a team that’s on top of your data and systems round the clock.
Your database protection should include:
- Up-to-date firewall protection
- 24 hour protection for both data and systems
- Continual evaluation of security developments and threats
The value of gym software is doubled when a group of experts stands behind it. How big is your security team?
3. Is your health club software user friendly? Your software should cover every part of your business. Does yours cover all these areas?
- Member check-in
- Point of sale
- Electronic membership and personal training agreements
- Inventory and staff management
- Member recruitment
- Locker management
- Calendars and scheduling
If your gym software does handle these tasks, how easily can your staff handle your software?
If you can’t answer yes to all these questions, you are hoisting more weight than you need to and your software is holding up less than it should. The truth is, the health club business is a competitive arena where time wasted is revenue lost and if your health club management software is letting you down, you’re losing dollars daily.
Update your systems to build your health club fitness; you’ll see strength gains across the board with less heavy lifting on your part.